Sunday, July 11, 2021

"Gengangere" Ibsen

 



I read this and it's hard to understand what this story meant...   but Ibsen's theme is always one, that's what I could understand at least.   The wife got married for money so that husband cheated a lot.  And their son became sick by the dead father.  The son looks like the victim of the father after he died.   It will be the real case in our reality too?

Don't know why critics focus on the relationship within closed lineage too much and ignoring what's more important in this story.  Ibsen is writing about the hypocrites like the pastor here or like their marriage.  But my interest is in ghost... many critics doesn't mention about these things but many stories were written about these things too.  I am just curious how they affect us, and did the author know about it?


Because they interfered me a lot, I would like to know exactly who affected my life since my birth.  My father died already but my life was affected by them before his death.  Yesterday I saw the Downton Abby movie version and read this one today.  In both stories, the child outside of the marriage appeared.  Is this related to me?  Or just my doubt...😑😱😣  Not me but someone in my ancestors?  Japanese family registrations have been hiding these children.  Then, where are they in the society?   Mother side have the one without father's name?   I don't know how European families are recorded, though.  Americans have just birth certificates so that they might not have more longer family record.  I don't know about it exactly.


No comments: